Chicken And Mushroom Lettuce Cupsadmin
Sang choi bow is delicious, but at restaurants it’s often high in fat and artificial flavours. This recipe swaps pork mince for organic chicken, and is an easy one to whip up. It’s also super low in carbohydrates with only 5.1g per serve, so a perfect meal to enjoy for dinner on the day of your Hypoxi session.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 400 grams mushrooms, chopped
- 1 red chilli deseeded & finely chopped
- 400 grams organic chicken mince
- ≤ cup chicken stock
- 5 shallots thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp rice syrup
- 1 baby cos lettuce
- Heat wok over high heat until hot. Add oil, mushrooms and chilli. Stir-fry 2 minutes. Add chicken mince and stir-fry for 5 minutes, breaking up the lumps as you go.
- Add stock and 3/4 of the green onions. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes or until stock has absorbed. Stir through lime juice, fish sauce and rice syrup.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on plates. Top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with remaining green onions. Serve.